Chocolate Cake

My cousin ordered Chocolate Cake for her restaurant's chef with a request to make it very simple. I made this!




The cake alone is moist already but with added Chocolate Frosting it melts in the mouth. Yes, this is the kind. I came up with the recipe about 4 or 5 years ago after so many attempts. If you happened to watch the movie, Matilda, there was a young chubby boy there who was forced to eat a whole layer of Chocolate Cake that was sinfully good. I was drooling/wanting to have some while watching that scene. And it inspired me to create a recipe that's as rich, moist and satisfying. It was then when friends and relatives started to request me to bake with pay;)

This cake may already appear perfect but something isn't right here, to be honest. The frosting hardened a bit because I overlooked the process. It's so close to Yema:) It should be of spreading consistency but here's what happened-- I could barely move the spatula because some mound of frosting was clinging to the steel. One false move the next seconds would have been a disaster. Still thankful I managed to make it appear slightly unnoticed:D I should look out the next time.