Sotanghon Guisado



Sotanghon Guisado is my favorite. In this recipe I used pork. I merely use what's readily available in my kitchen or that which can be found easily nearby - beef, pork, chicken, fish or any. The result anyway lies entirely in the cook's hands, especially on how it's seasoned to taste.


Although this was approved of by my family including me, I still prefer, above all, the use of chicken as the main ingredient next to the rice noodles. What I do is I pre-boil it first with salt and pepper and the stock is what I then add after the sauteeing process, the meat flaked. The finish product will come out tasty.


The combination of sweet peas, carrots and "tenga ng daga"  is my personal preference. I'm not just after the taste, but so with the color, and the crunch in every bite.


Had there been no sweet peas or mushrooms, it can be alternated with carrots and green onions to make it colorful. The carrots give a crunch and a distinct sweet flavor while the onion leaves give a taste and an aroma that perfectly suits the dish.