Moli Fish Latkes


It has been over two decades since the last time I've had "moli". Molies are tiny fishes that my aunt used to make as simple fish soup with horseradish or "malunggay" leaves. I can't give a brief description because I don't have more info. other than knowing the name. I searched through Google but, problem is,  I don't even know its English term, even in Tagalog, worse, its spelling in Visayan. So let's just take a look at the photo below showing the raw "moli" fishes

Imagine, for more than twenty years I haven't had this until my neighbor gave me some last night. I was very happy. Nothing else came to mind but to have them fried as in fish latkes. I merely added onion leaves, red bell pepper, garlic, salt, flour, egg, thyme, ground black pepper and a little bit of MSG. 



It's a very easy fish recipe that you might want to try. My son enjoyed dipping each to ketchup with quite a plateful of rice. His appetite has changed now that he's a teenager.